Half Marathon – 7:45am
Bluebridge 10km – 8:30am
Fiji Airways 6.5km Fun Run/Walk – 9:15am
More FM Buggy Walk – 9:15am
6.5km Active Families – 9:15am
It is recommended that you are at the Frank Kitts Park start area no later than half an hour prior to your event start time. If you need to collect your race bib or drop any clothing at the bag storage please allow yourself enough time to do so as there may be a queue. Les Mills will run a warm up at the start line before each event starts.
Complementary event buses will be running from Kilbirnie Park back into Wellington City. Please note the line for these buses may get very long.
BUS – All Round the Bays participants will be provided with free bus/train transportation on the day of the event. This is available to those participating in Round the Bays upon the presentation of their race bib. Offer is valid on Metlink scheduled bus and train services and is only valid on the day of the event – Sunday, February 17th between the hours of 6am-3pm.
Please refer to metlink.org.nz to help plan your journey.
We provide a free bag/clothing check service at Frank Kitts Park with collection after the race at Kilbirnie Park. There is limited space in our vehicles and there may be a queue, so please be at Frank Kitts Park early if you would like to take advantage of this service to ensure you don’t miss out.
For safety reasons pets, rollerblades, skateboards and bicycles are not permitted on the course.
Yes, but only for participants aged 12 and under in the Active Families category– for safety reasons, those participating with a push scooter are required to start at the back of the pack, must wear a helmet and be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Yes – however for safety reasons, those participating with a buggy in any of the non-buggy walk events are requested to start towards the back of the pack.
We will have 7 pace runners in the Half Marathon event. They will aim to complete the course in the following times: 1:25hr / 1:30hr / 1:40hr / 1:45hr / 1:50hr / 2:00hr / 2:10hr. The 10km will have 3 pace runners aiming to complete the course in the following times: 40mins / 50mins / 60mins
The Half Marathon and Bluebridge 10km are both measured and certified by Athletics Wellington.
Participants can walk any of the events. Walkers will receive a time, but Round the Bays is not an officiated walking event and there will be no official recognition for the leading walkers home.
No, this year we are using disposable race tags, so these do not need to be returned.
Our course is lined with 7 water stations, only 6 of which offer water and isotonic to our participants. All drink stations are equipped with compostable cups which we separate from our general waste in order to dispose of them correctly.
If you would like to change down an event (e.g. from the half marathon to the 10km), simply contact us to make the adjustment to your registration before Friday 8 February 2019. An administration fee of 25% will be deducted from your refund for any adjustments made. No refund will be given after Friday 11 January 2019.
Likewise, if you would like to change up an event, simply contact us to make the change. You will only need to pay the difference in entry fee. There will be no additional charges.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the change. Please note that changing your event is subject to whether the distance has sold out.
If you have entered but are unable to take part on the day, you can transfer your entry to a friend. You can make the transfer yourself prior to Friday 8 February 2019 by logging in to your tiktok account and clicking on ‘My Registrations’.
Alternatively, contact us at email@example.com before 5pm on Friday 11 January and we will update the details on the registration.
Please note, if you have a personalised bib as part of the opening day promotion, the name on the bib may not be updated.
No refunds will be given to participants that do not participate on the day or do not complete their selected event.
Refunds on your entry fee will only be given for medical reasons. You must contact us before 5pm Friday 11 January 2019. A medical certificate may be required. 25% of your entry fee will be retained to cover administration costs.
We use a highly recognised timing company for all events but there may still be a small percentage of timing tags that will not record a time. No refund, full or in part will be given but we will do everything possible to get your race time.
No refunds will be given on merchandise, but you can transfer purchased merchandise items to a friend who is participating. To do this please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our registration system works best on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. If you are using Internet Explorer try upgrading the web browser or use a different browser. If you are still having issues call us on 04 380 2070 or email email@example.com.
Round the Bays is one of the biggest fun runs in New Zealand and as such participants enjoy a high standard of event services including road closures, first aid providers, water and sanitation and professional timing systems. Your registration fees help us to pay for these services.
Athletics Wellington, the regional sports organisation in charge with promoting and organising Athletics in the greater Wellington region, receives a sanctioning levy for the event. This levy is in exchange for Athletics Wellington’s expert advice in regards to sanctioning, measuring and officiating of the event and in turn the money raised by Athletics Wellington helps them run their own programmes and events.
Our official charity partner, receives a $1 donation per person entered.
Please note the following closures apply to all motorists and cyclists.
- Customhouse Quay – Southbound lanes, full closure on Customhouse Quay (from Whitmore to Jervois Quay) closed between 6:30am and 11:00am (includes at point of entry of ALL side roads).
- Jervois Quay – Southbound lanes on Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street will be closed between 6:30am and 11:00am. Lane 3 north bound will be closed at this time (includes at point of entry of ALL side roads).
- Cable Street – Full closure from Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street from 7:00am to 11:00am. From Chaffers Street to Oriental Parade, south bound lane (left hand lane closest to Waitangi Park) to close 7:00am to 11:00am. Right hand lane is to remain open allowing traffic from Chaffers New World to turn right onto Kent Terrace.
- Oriental Parade and all the adjoining Roads (Herd Street, Freyberg Carpark, Oriental Terrace, Hay Street, Grass Street) – Closed to Carlton Gore Road between 7:15am and 11:00am.
- Evans Bay Parade – Closed from Carlton Gore Road/Oriental Parade to Cobham Drive between 7:15am and 12:00noon. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closures will be removed.
- Evans Bay Parade – Closed from Cobham Drive to Kilbirnie Crescent intersection between 7:15am and 1:00pm. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closure will be removed when it is safe to do so.
- All arterial roads joining Evans Bay Parade – These roads are to be closed from 7:15am and reopening at approximately 12:00noon. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closure will be removed when it is safe to do so.
- Kilbirnie Crescent/Hamilton Road/Wellington Road intersection to Evans Bay Parade/Wellington Road intersection. North bound lane closure from 7:15am till 12:30pm. South bound lane closure from 7:15am till 11:30am.
- Evans Bay Parade/Cobham Drive intersection – From this intersection to Troy Street roundabout, full closure from 7:15am till 11:30am. This stretch of SH1 will reopen as soon as it is safe and practical to do so, with the aim of having it open before the stated time.
- Hataitai – Taurima Street and Goa Street. No entry into Hataitai from 7:15am till 11:30am. Traffic can exit from Hataitai through the Mount Victoria Tunnel.
- Wellington Road – East lane is closed making Wellington Road one-way headed east bound between Crawford Road roundabout and Ruahine Street from 7:15am to 12:00noon.
- Shelly Bay Road – Closed between Miramar Avenue and Massey Road from 7:30am to 12:00noon – detour route in place.
- Massey Road – Full closure between Shelly Bay Road and Point Gordon from 7:30am to 12:00noon.
NO PARKING – Vehicles will be towed in these areas between these times:
- Jervois Quay – South bound lanes between Grey Street and Cable Street from 5:00am-11:00am
- Cable Street –Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street from 5:00am-11:00am
- Evans Bay Parade – Evans Bay Parade/Cobham Drive intersection to Kemp Street from 5:00am until 1:00pm.
- Hamilton Road – Eastern side (south bound lane) from Hamilton Road/Wellington Road intersection to 107 Hamilton Road from 5:00am until 1:00pm.
- Kilbirnie Crescent – (park side only) Wellington Road to Evans Bay Parade intersection from 5:00am until 12:00noon.
- Cobham Drive – Along to Shelly Bay Road must be clear especially between Airport Roundabout and Shelly Bay Road turn off 5:00am to 1:00pm.
- Calabar Road – Calabar Road Roundabout to Shelly Bay Road from 5:00am to 1:00pm.
The suggested route to take if you are travelling to the airport on race day is via Newtown to avoid road closures.
– Constable Street
– Right along Crawford Road
– Left onto Onepu Road
– Right Along Lyall Bay Parade
– Follow Moa Point Road around until you reach the airport