Travel to and from the event
Metlink bus and train services are free of charge for all Brendan Foot Supersite Round the Bays participants between the hours of 6am-3pm on event day. You MUST show the driver your race bib when boarding to be eligible.
Metlink will shuttle participants, again free of charge between 9am and 2pm, from Kilbirnie Park to Courtenay Place and the Wellington Train Station (no stops in between) after the event, or you can use your race bib to access regular bus services for free.
Your race bib must be shown to access any of the free transport services.
Terms & Conditions of Carriage
Wheelchair Users: Please note, the following criteria for travel on buses:
- Wheelchairs size must not exceed 70 cm wide and 90 cm long;
- Wheelchair users who are unable to board a service unaided must provide their own helper;
- The combined weight of either a self-propelled or powered wheelchair and its user must not exceed 250 kg.
Pram / Buggy Users: Please note the following guidelines for travel on our buses:
- Be prepared before the bus arrives; fold down your pram or buggy and get ready to get on;
- Use areas dedicated for wheelchairs where these exist;
- If the wheelchair area is required for a wheelchair, then the pram / buggy must vacate the area, however, please remember that blocking aisles is prohibited on all forms of public transport.
Thanks to our friends at Westpac Stadium, Brendan Foot Supersite Round the Bays participants can park their cars in the Westpac Stadium car park for a gold coin donation on event day!
Legal road closures for Round the Bays 2019 (subject to change)
Please note: the following closures apply to all motorists and cyclists on Sunday 17 February 2019.
- Customhouse Quay – Southbound lanes, full closure on Customhouse Quay (from Whitmore to Jervois Quay) closed between 6:30am and 11:00am (includes at point of entry of ALL side roads).
- Jervois Quay – Southbound lanes on Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street will be closed between 6:30am and 11:00am. Lane 3 north bound will be closed at this time (includes at point of entry of ALL side roads).
- Cable Street – Full closure from Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street from 7:00am to 11:00am. From Chaffers Street to Oriental Parade, south bound lane (left hand lane closest to Waitangi Park) to close 7:00am to 11:00am. Right hand lane is to remain open allowing traffic from Chaffers New World to turn right onto Kent Terrace.
- Oriental Parade and all the adjoining Roads (Herd Street, Freyberg Carpark, Oriental Terrace, Hay Street, Grass Street) – Closed to Carlton Gore Road between 7:15am and 11:00am.
- Evans Bay Parade – Closed from Carlton Gore Road/Oriental Parade to Cobham Drive between 7:15am and 12:00noon. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closures will be removed.
- Evans Bay Parade – Closed from Cobham Drive to Kilbirnie Crescent intersection between 7:15am and 1:00pm. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closure will be removed when it is safe to do so.
- All arterial roads joining Evans Bay Parade – These roads are to be closed from 7:15am and reopening at approximately 12:00noon. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closure will be removed when it is safe to do so.
- Kilbirnie Crescent/Hamilton Road/Wellington Road intersection to Evans Bay Parade/Wellington Road intersection. North bound lane closure from 7:15am till 12:30pm. South bound lane closure from 7:15am till 11:30am.
- Evans Bay Parade/Cobham Drive intersection – From this intersection to Troy Street roundabout, full closure from 7:15am till 11:30am. This stretch of SH1 will reopen as soon as it is safe and practical to do so, with the aim of having it open before the stated time.
- Hataitai – Taurima Street and Goa Street. No entry into Hataitai from 7:15am till 11:30am. Traffic can exit from Hataitai through the Mount Victoria Tunnel.
- Wellington Road – East lane is closed making Wellington Road one-way headed east bound between Crawford Road roundabout and Ruahine Street from 7:15am to 12:00noon.
- Shelly Bay Road – Closed between Miramar Avenue and Massey Road from 7:30am to 12:00noon – detour route in place.
- Massey Road – Full closure between Shelly Bay Road and Point Gordon from 7:30am to 12:00noon.
NO PARKING – Vehicles will be towed in these areas between these times:
- Jervois Quay – South bound lanes between Grey Street and Cable Street from 5:00am-11:00am
- Cable Street –Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street from 5:00am-11:00am
- Evans Bay Parade – Evans Bay Parade/Cobham Drive intersection to Kemp Street from 5:00am until 1:00pm.
- Hamilton Road – Eastern side (south bound lane) from Hamilton Road/Wellington Road intersection to 107 Hamilton Road from 5:00am until 1:00pm.
- Kilbirnie Crescent – (park side only) Wellington Road to Evans Bay Parade intersection from 5:00am until 12:00noon.
- Cobham Drive – Along to Shelly Bay Road must be clear especially between Airport Roundabout and Shelly Bay Road turn off 5:00am to 1:00pm.
- Calabar Road – Calabar Road Roundabout to Shelly Bay Road from 5:00am to 1:00pm.