Travel to and from the event
Metlink bus and train services are free of charge for all Brendan Foot Supersite Round the Bays participants between the hours of 6am-3pm on event day. You MUST show the driver your race bib when boarding to be eligible.
Metlink will shuttle participants, again free of charge between 9am and 2pm, from Kilbirnie Park to Courtenay Place and the Wellington Train Station (no stops in between) after the event, or you can use your race bib to access regular bus services for free.
Your race bib must be shown to access any of the free transport services.
Terms & Conditions of Carriage
Wheelchair Users: Please note, the following criteria for travel on buses:
- Wheelchairs size must not exceed 70 cm wide and 90 cm long;
- Wheelchair users who are unable to board a service unaided must provide their own helper;
- The combined weight of either a self-propelled or powered wheelchair and its user must not exceed 250 kg.
Pram / Buggy Users: Please note the following guidelines for travel on our buses:
- Be prepared before the bus arrives; fold down your pram or buggy and get ready to get on;
- Use areas dedicated for wheelchairs where these exist;
- If the wheelchair area is required for a wheelchair, then the pram / buggy must vacate the area, however, please remember that blocking aisles is prohibited on all forms of public transport.
Thanks to our friends at Westpac Stadium, Brendan Foot Supersite Round the Bays participants can park their cars in the Westpac Stadium car park for a gold coin donation on event day!
Legal road closures for Round the Bays 2019
Please note: the following closures apply to all motorists and cyclists on Sunday 17 February 2019.
- Customhouse Quay southbound from Whitmore Street to Jervois Quay. Full closure on Customhouse Quay from 6.30am to 11.00am (includes at point of entry of ALL side roads)
- Jervois Quay southbound from Customhouse Quay to Cable Street closed from 6.30am to 11.00am (includes at point of entry of ALL side roads)
- Cable Street between Jervois Quay and Oriental Parade closed from 7am to 11am. Right lane between Chaffers Street to Kent Terrace to remain open
- Oriental Parade full closure to Carlton Gore Road and all the adjoining side roads (Herd Street, Freyberg Carpark, Oriental Terrace, Hay Street, Grass Street) from 7.15am to 11.00am.
- Evans Bay Parade full closure between Carlton Gore Road/Oriental Bay to Cobham Drive from 7.15am to 12 noon (includes at point of entry of ALL side roads). Road closures to be removed if all participants have cleared from Evans Bay Parade before this time.
- Evans Bay Parade closed between Cobham Drive and Kilbirnie Crescent intersection from 7.15am to 1pm. Road closures to be removed if all participants have cleared from Evans Bay Parade before this time.
- All arterial roads joining Evans Bay Parade to be closed from 7.15am – 12 noon (approx.). Road closures to be removed if all participants have cleared from Evans Bay Parade before this time.
- Kilbirnie Crescent/Hamilton Road/Wellington Road intersection to the Evans Bay Parade/Cobham Drive/Wellington Road intersection, road closure from 7.15am – 12.30pm (northbound), 7.15am – 11.30am (southbound)
- Hataitai – Taurima Street and Goa Street; no entry into Hataitai from 7.15am – 11.30am. Traffic can exit from Hataitai
- Wellington Road; east lane closed making Wellington Road one way eastbound between Crawford Road roundabout and Ruahine Street from 7.15am to 12 noon
- Shelly Bay Road full closure between Miramar Avenue and Massey Road from 7.30am – 12 noon
- Massey Rd full closure between Shelly Bay Rd and Point Gordon (approx.) from 7.30am – 12 noon
SH1 Approved Closures:
- SH1 Wellington Road. Full closure between Hamilton Road intersection and Cobham Drive from 7.30am-11.30am (southbound), 7.15am-12.30pm (northbound)
- SH1 Cobham Drive. Full closure between Evans Bay Parade and Troy Street roundabout from 7.30am-11.30am
- SH1 Cobham Drive. Full left lane closure on east-bound between Troy Street roundabout and Calabar Road roundabout from 7.30am – 11.30am
No parking at following sites – Vehicles will be towed if parked in these areas on the day.
- Jervois Quay – southbound lanes between Grey Street and Cable St 5.00am – 11.00am
- Cable Street – Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street 5.00am – 11.00am
- Kilbirnie Crescent, park side – Wellington Road to Evans Bay Parade intersection 5.00am – 12noon
- Hamilton Road on Eastern side (along south bound lane). From Wellington Road/Hamilton Road intersection to residential address at 107 Hamilton Road 5.00am – 1.00pm
- Evans Bay Parade (Cobham Drive Intersection to Kemp Street) from 5.00am – 1.00pm
Calabar Road roundabout to Shelly Bay Road from 5.00am – 1.00pm