Get creative this summer!
Keep the kids busy over the summer by challenging them to create a fruit or vegetable costume made entirely of recycled materials!
This year Wellington Round the Bays are trying to break the Guinness World Record for largest number of people gathered dressed as fruit and vegetables. We hope to raise awareness around food waste as well as having a bit of fun.
We are holding a competition for primary school aged children in the Wellington Region to see who can create the coolest fruit and veg costume! We believe this is a great way for our children to gain an awareness around sustainability, healthy lifestyles and give them the opportunity to express their creativity. The best costume wins $500 worth of sports equipment for their school
- Create a costume that resembles a fruit or a vegetable that is made from recycled materials (for example, milk tops, egg cartons, old magazines etc)
- Competition entries should be submitted by 7th February 2020.
- Finalists will be contacted and may be visited in person to check out their costume and have pictures taken for promotional purposes.
- The winner will receive $500 worth of sports equipment for their school.
To enter your costume email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A clear picture of the costume
- A brief description of what fruit or vegetable it is and what resources were used to create it
- The entrants name, age and primary school
- A name, phone number and email of a guardian of the entrant that can be contacted if they are a finalist!
Conditions of entry:
- Winner must currently attend a Wellington based primary school.
Start collecting your resources and get creative! We can’t wait to see what you come up with!