If you registered before 22 January, your bib and merchandise would’ve been mailed out to you thanks to DX Mail. Please note that bibs and merchandise have been packaged separately.
Any purchases after this date will be available for collection at Sport Wellington Offices (Level 1, 223 Thorndon Quay, Wellington) on the following days:
- Thursday 13 February 11am – 7pm
- Friday 14 February 11am – 7pm
- Saturday 15 February 11am – 4pm
For those registered participants who have entered an international address, these will be ready for collection at Sport Wellington as well.
For any registration queries pre event, you can contact the Registration Coordinator directly at email@example.com or alternatively 04 380 2070.
Note: Bibs and merchandise are sent in separate packages.
1 Nov – Registrations Open: Early bird pricing
1 Dec – Standard pricing starts
1 Jan – 25% refundable entry ends
15 Jan – Full refund upon production of medical certificate ends
22 Jan – Team entries close
22 Jan – Person to person transfers close midnight
24 Jan – Must enter by this date to receive your bib in the mail
1 Feb – Late pricing starts
10 Feb – Race distance transfers close midnight
13, 14, 15 Feb – Bib pick up – Sport Wellington Office – 223 Thorndon Quay, Wellington
15 Feb – Registration Closes
Globelet Half Marathon – 7:45am
Bluebridge 10km – 8:30am
Fiji Airways 6.5km Fun Run/Walk – 9:15am
PAK’nSAVE 6.5km Buggy Walk – 9:15am
NZCT 6.5km Active Families – 9:15am
It is recommended that you are at the Frank Kitts Park start area no later than half an hour prior to your event start time. If you need to collect your race bib or drop any clothing at the bag check please allow yourself enough time to do so as there may be a queue. Les Mills will run a warm up at the start line before each event starts.
We provide a free bag/clothing check service at Frank Kitts Park. If you don’t have a bag already, thanks to Tom & Luke we have small tote bags available for you to put your possessions in.
Your bag will be availble for collection after the race at Kilbirnie Park. There is limited space in our vehicles and there may be a queue, so please be at Frank Kitts Park early if you would like to take advantage of this service to ensure you don’t miss out. Please note, Sport Wellington will not be responsible for any loss or damage to your personal possessions.
For health and safety reasons pets, rollerblades, skateboards, electric scooters and bicycles are not permitted on the course.
Yes, but only for participants aged 12 and under in the Active Families category– for health and safety reasons, those participating with a push scooter are required to start at the back of the pack, must always wear a helmet and be accompanied by an adult. We require any children registered in this category, to have their emergency contact information written on the back of their bib should they get separated from their parent or guardian.
Yes – however for safety reasons, those participating with a buggy in any of the non-buggy walk events are requested to start towards the back of the pack.
We will have 7 pace runners in the Half Marathon event. They will aim to complete the course in the following times: 1:25hr / 1:30hr / 1:40hr / 1:45hr / 1:50hr / 2:00hr / 2:10hr. The 10km will have 3 pace runners aiming to complete the course in the following times: 40mins / 50mins / 60mins
The Half Marathon and Bluebridge 10km are both measured and certified by Athletics Wellington.
Participants can walk any of the events. Walkers will receive a time, but Round the Bays is not an officiated walking event and there will be no official recognition for the leading walkers home.
Marathon Photos will be taking photos during the entire day trying to capture every participant. Participants will be sent an email with a direct link to on-the-day photos. These will be available to purchase from marathon-photos.com.
Our course is lined with 7 water stations, only 6 of which offer water and isotonic to our participants. All drink stations are equipped with Globelet reusable cups which we separate from our general waste in order to package them up and send them back to Globelet HQ to be commercially cleaned and repurposed for another event.
If you would like to change event (e.g. from the Half Marathon to 10km) you can do this by clicking on the link at the top of your confirmation email and then clicking ‘edit’ next to the distance and following the steps on screen.
This will incur a $10 administration fee and is only available until midnight 10th of February 2020. No refunds will be given be when changing down a distance.
Please note that changing your event is subject to whether the distance has sold out.
If you have entered but are unable to take part on the day, you can transfer your entry to a friend. Please contact the Registrations Coordinator to organise this.
This will incur a $10 administration fee and is only available until midnight 22nd January 2020.
Please note, if you have a personalised bib as part of the opening day promotion, the name on the bib may not be updated.
No refunds will be given to participants that do not participate on the day or do not complete their selected event.
Refunds on your entry fee will only be given for medical reasons. You must contact us before 5pm Wednesday 15 January 2020. A medical certificate may be required. 25% of your entry fee will be retained to cover administration costs.
Partial refunds of 25% of the event entry fee will be available until Wednesday 1 January 2020 upon receipt of a refund request.
We use a highly recognised timing company for all events but there may still be a small percentage of timing tags that will not record a time. No refund, full or in part will be given but we will do everything possible to get your race time.
Our registration system works best on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. If you are using Internet Explorer try upgrading the web browser or use a different browser. If you are still having issues call us on 04 380 2070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Round the Bays is one of the biggest fun runs in New Zealand and as such participants enjoy a high standard of event services including road closures, first aid providers, water and sanitation and professional timing systems. Your registration fees help us to pay for these services.
Athletics Wellington, the Regional Sports Organisation in charge with promoting and organising Athletics in the greater Wellington region, receives a sanctioning levy for the event. This levy is in exchange for Athletics Wellington’s expert advice in regards to sanctioning, measuring and officiating of the event and in turn the money raised by Athletics Wellington helps them run their own programmes and events.
Our official charity partner, receives a $1 donation per person entered.
Please note the following closures apply to all motorists and cyclists.
- Customhouse Quay – Southbound lanes, full closure on Customhouse Quay (from Whitmore to Jervois Quay) closed between 6:30am and 11:00am (includes at point of entry of ALL side roads).
- Jervois Quay – Southbound lanes on Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street will be closed between 6:30am and 11:00am. Lane 3 north bound will be closed at this time (includes at point of entry of ALL side roads).
- Cable Street – Full closure from Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street from 7:00am to 11:00am. From Chaffers Street to Oriental Parade, south bound lane (left hand lane closest to Waitangi Park) to close 7:00am to 11:00am. Right hand lane is to remain open allowing traffic from Chaffers New World to turn right onto Kent Terrace.
- Oriental Parade and all the adjoining Roads (Herd Street, Freyberg Carpark, Oriental Terrace, Hay Street, Grass Street) – Closed to Carlton Gore Road between 7:15am and 11:00am.
- Evans Bay Parade – Closed from Carlton Gore Road/Oriental Parade to Cobham Drive between 7:15am and 12:00noon. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closures will be removed.
- Evans Bay Parade – Closed from Cobham Drive to Kilbirnie Crescent intersection between 7:15am and 1:00pm. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closure will be removed when it is safe to do so.
- All arterial roads joining Evans Bay Parade – These roads are to be closed from 7:15am and reopening at approximately 12:00noon. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closure will be removed when it is safe to do so.
- Kilbirnie Crescent/Hamilton Road/Wellington Road intersection to Evans Bay Parade/Wellington Road intersection. North bound lane closure from 7:15am till 12:30pm. South bound lane closure from 7:15am till 11:30am.
- Evans Bay Parade/Cobham Drive intersection – From this intersection to Troy Street roundabout, full closure from 7:15am till 11:30am. This stretch of SH1 will reopen as soon as it is safe and practical to do so, with the aim of having it open before the stated time.
- Hataitai – Taurima Street and Goa Street. No entry into Hataitai from 7:15am till 11:30am. Traffic can exit from Hataitai through the Mount Victoria Tunnel.
- Wellington Road – East lane is closed making Wellington Road one-way headed east bound between Crawford Road roundabout and Ruahine Street from 7:15am to 12:00noon.
- Shelly Bay Road – Closed between Miramar Avenue and Massey Road from 7:30am to 12:00noon – detour route in place.
- Massey Road – Full closure between Shelly Bay Road and Point Gordon from 7:30am to 12:00noon.
NO PARKING – Vehicles will be towed in these areas between these times:
- Jervois Quay – South bound lanes between Grey Street and Cable Street from 5:00am-11:00am
- Cable Street –Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street from 5:00am-11:00am
- Evans Bay Parade – Evans Bay Parade/Cobham Drive intersection to Kemp Street from 5:00am until 1:00pm.
- Hamilton Road – Eastern side (south bound lane) from Hamilton Road/Wellington Road intersection to 107 Hamilton Road from 5:00am until 1:00pm.
- Kilbirnie Crescent – (park side only) Wellington Road to Evans Bay Parade intersection from 5:00am until 12:00noon.
- Cobham Drive – Along to Shelly Bay Road must be clear especially between Airport Roundabout and Shelly Bay Road turn off 5:00am to 1:00pm.
- Calabar Road – Calabar Road Roundabout to Shelly Bay Road from 5:00am to 1:00pm.
The suggested route to take if you are travelling to the airport on race day is via Newtown to avoid road closures.
– Constable Street
– Right along Crawford Road
– Left onto Onepu Road
– Right Along Lyall Bay Parade
– Follow Moa Point Road around until you reach the airport