Legal road closures for Round the Bays 2019
Please note: the following closures apply to all motorists and cyclists on Sunday 17 February.
- Customhouse Quay – Southbound lanes, full closure on Customhouse Quay (from Whitmore to Jervois Quay) closed between 6:30am and 11:00am (includes at point of entry of ALL side roads).
- Jervois Quay – Southbound lanes on Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street will be closed between 6:30am and 11:00am. Lane 3 north bound will be closed at this time (includes at point of entry of ALL side roads).
- Cable Street – Full closure from Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street from 7:00am to 11:00am. From Chaffers Street to Oriental Parade, south bound lane (left hand lane closest to Waitangi Park) to close 7:00am to 11:00am. Right hand lane is to remain open allowing traffic from Chaffers New World to turn right onto Kent Terrace.
- Oriental Parade and all the adjoining Roads (Herd Street, Freyberg Carpark, Oriental Terrace, Hay Street, Grass Street) – Closed to Carlton Gore Road between 7:15am and 11:00am.
- Evans Bay Parade – Closed from Carlton Gore Road/Oriental Parade to Cobham Drive between 7:15am and 12:00noon. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closures will be removed.
- Evans Bay Parade – Closed from Cobham Drive to Kilbirnie Crescent intersection between 7:15am and 1:00pm. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closure will be removed when it is safe to do so.
- All arterial roads joining Evans Bay Parade – These roads are to be closed from 7:15am and reopening at approximately 12:00noon. If all participants have cleared off Evans Bay Parade before this time, the road closure will be removed when it is safe to do so.
- Kilbirnie Crescent/Hamilton Road/Wellington Road intersection to Evans Bay Parade/Wellington Road intersection. North bound lane closure from 7:15am till 12:30pm. South bound lane closure from 7:15am till 11:30am.
- Evans Bay Parade/Cobham Drive intersection – From this intersection to Troy Street roundabout, full closure from 7:15am till 11:30am. This stretch of SH1 will reopen as soon as it is safe and practical to do so, with the aim of having it open before the stated time.
- Hataitai – Taurima Street and Goa Street. No entry into Hataitai from 7:15am till 11:30am. Traffic can exit from Hataitai through the Mount Victoria Tunnel.
- Wellington Road – East lane is closed making Wellington Road one-way headed east bound between Crawford Road roundabout and Ruahine Street from 7:15am to 12:00noon.
- Shelly Bay Road – Closed between Miramar Avenue and Massey Road from 7:30am to 12:00noon – detour route in place.
- Massey Road – Full closure between Shelly Bay Road and Point Gordon from 7:30am to 12:00noon.
NO PARKING – Vehicles will be towed in these areas between these times:
- Jervois Quay – South bound lanes between Grey Street and Cable Street from 5:00am-11:00am
- Cable Street –Jervois Quay to Chaffers Street from 5:00am-11:00am
- Evans Bay Parade – Evans Bay Parade/Cobham Drive intersection to Kemp Street from 5:00am until 1:00pm.
- Hamilton Road – Eastern side (south bound lane) from Hamilton Road/Wellington Road intersection to 107 Hamilton Road from 5:00am until 1:00pm.
- Kilbirnie Crescent – (park side only) Wellington Road to Evans Bay Parade intersection from 5:00am until 12:00noon.
- Cobham Drive – Along to Shelly Bay Road must be clear especially between Airport Roundabout and Shelly Bay Road turn off 5:00am to 1:00pm.
- Calabar Road – Calabar Road Roundabout to Shelly Bay Road from 5:00am to 1:00pm.